Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Don't be like Ann

This Ann has problems in the kitchen.  She is not an email or
comment SPAMMER.  But Ann Martin who sent me the SPAM
comments? 
She is a SPAMMER.  But she can also probably make better guac.


So I noticed today that this blog started getting SPAM posts today from overseas.  The posts had nothing to do with the post content, they were just bullshit phishing scams.

One of these bullshit comments was from "Ann Martin", a resident of Bangalore, who writes:

"Yes, I very much see that your Windows computer is publishing content to your very entertaining product site with malicious code that indicates that a repair must be done to save your work.  *CLICK HERE* to grant me access for fixing of this problem and your worries will be gone..."

FUCK YOU, "Ann Martin", who if she is Bangalore, got there because "that of her translation submission led her to such a place where she can send emails with which to copulate up other's computers for financial profit in USD."

My first inclination was to just zap the bull shit comment from the actual blog page UNTIL I remembered that Blogger has a comments link on your dashboard.  Choosing that brings up all your comments in the blog and you can not only mark the offending BS as SPAM but it reports it to Google so they can zap the offending party.

That's what they say.

And unlike "Ann Martin", their sentences are at least written by a human, not a translation program.

6 comments:

  1. My all-time favourite junk mail (on Hotmail, not Blogger) was "Minimal apron - I frisk in the kitchen". I almost had it made into a t-shirt. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot tell you how I wish you had, because I would be begging for one.

      Delete
  2. I have been getting spam comments from either thailand or malaysia; I have marked them as such to alert google. usually the spammers copy a comment left by another real person and add a fake name like "pham son".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap. And we're not alone here in Blog-land with that particular spate of spammers - many of the blogs I follow have been hit. Scarily, I Googled the language, and it's Korean... Jx

      Delete
  3. I haven't gotten any. Why don't the spammers like me?????? =)

    ReplyDelete